Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Reason

Blogging...a new adventure for me. One that I'm hoping will help me heal.

I lost my mother less than two months ago. The pain of losing her increases everyday.

My mother was 94-years old and led a long and fulfilling life. I am, shall I say, of boomer age, and I feel as though I should not be struggling with this as hard as I am. But...

My mother has been the purpose to my extremely driven life, my best friend and confidant, my advisor, my teacher and my biggest cheerleader.
She encouraged me, fought for me, appreciated me and loved me unconditionally. She is the reason I am who I am today.

When we lost Daddy to Alzheimer's disease, she was there to help me through it and I was there for her. She lived with my husband and me for the past 11-years. She went everywhere with us -- even a Sunday afternoon shopping at Sam's Club was a fun family-day outing. We took her on cruises, camping, to concerts, movies and everything in-between. She was there when I got home from work, ready to hear all about my day, and I was there when she'd wake up each morning, ready to hear about her dreams.

So, my hope is to talk about my mother in ways I cannot share with my husband and to find a new creative outlet for sharing the talents my mother passed on to me.

I look forward to my healing journey.

1 comment:

  1. Sydney - This is going to be a beautiful outlet for you and in the process I know you will help others who are grieving as well. This is both courageous and true to your giving nature. I look forward to reading your insightful and healing posts. XO

    ReplyDelete

If you are posting under Anonymous, please tell me who you are so I can thank you later.