Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Gratitude Journal, Nov. 4, 2020 Dedicated Parents

 Today I will begin a journey of gratitude. I am not at all a religious person, but I have always been filled with much gratitude. Perhaps I don't voice it enough.

I am a firm believer that your heart, your soul, and your head, can be filled with goodness and gratitude with or without religion. Religion, in and of itself, does not make a person good. I believe the true measure of goodness comes from a person's actions. And today I begin my journey by sharing something I wrote back in 2015 regarding the goodness of my parents.

I would love for you to come along with me on my journey and share your gratefulness, as well.

"Nov. 4, 2015 -- Today I am grateful for the maturity to know and appreciate that my parents, both of them, did the best they could with what they had and what they knew during the decades we were born and in the small rural areas in which we lived.

I am also grateful, though it was hard for them to do it, that they relocated from Southern Illinois to Miami where I was raised. I am grateful for my upbringing, that I did not miss the life lessons of my parents, and grateful for their daily guidance still today."


I'm so grateful to have come from two people whom were dedicated parents and grandparents.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are posting under Anonymous, please tell me who you are so I can thank you later.