Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Gratitude Journal, Nov. 5, 2020 Sacrifice Leads to Best Life

 Nov. 5, 2020

More times than not, gratitude stems from one "small" gesture of kindness, understanding, or even sacrifice. But my guess is that you can usually trace that gesture back to something so much more substantial.

This morning my heart is filled with love for a person with whom I've had a relationship for about 38-years. This person has often reminded me of my "roots," has talked me down from ledges, and has never, ever not provided me with words of encouragement. (I realize the use of a double negative there, but it's the best use of those words for stressing the heart-felt appreciation.)

And now this person is willing to make a sacrifice for me that will provide me the opportunity to live my best life.

It isn't necessary for me to go into any additional detail, but it is important to know that the things for which we are to be grateful are all around us. Sometimes we have to stop and smell the roses, so to speak, in order to realize or see those things that make our lives better. And sometimes it's the unprecedented sacrifice of a friend.

Tell me about your gratefulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are posting under Anonymous, please tell me who you are so I can thank you later.