Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Gratitude Journal, Nov. 6, 2020 Thoughtfulness

 Nov. 6, 2020

"They" (whomever they are) say we shouldn't be grateful for material things.

I once saw this quote, "Don't make life about owning stuff."

And, while I understand what is actually meant by that, on the surface, I have to disagree -- and that's what my own gratefulness is all about today.

Things make our lives easier, they bring us joy, they help us manipulate through our daily lives. Things are what clothe us and help us sleep. Things drive our economy, and it's because of things that most of us are lucky to be employed. Oftentimes, it's things that make a person proud of the obstacles he/she has overcome, symbolizing not wealth, but self-confidence and self-assuredness.

Things can and do make us grateful.

Today, I am grateful for this little turkey in the photo.

Two friends gave her to me as a gift -- not for my birthday, not for Christmas, not for any reason other than 'just because.'

To me, that means I was in their thoughts and in their hearts at the time they saw this sweetie on the shelf. If you think about it, that's very powerful.

Thoughtfulness! It's a super-power that can change the world for the better!

Never let your appreciation for a friendship go unrecognized, but also remember to appreciate those moments you learn that you're a part of their thoughts.

I'm so grateful for the friendship of these two people and the joy they bring to my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are posting under Anonymous, please tell me who you are so I can thank you later.